Motorcycles will flood the streets of Carefree, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, and Chandler these next couple of weeks as Arizona Bike Week officially rolls into town on April 5th. The event will also bring big music names into town with Alice Cooper, Bret Michaels, Korn, and Creedence Clearwater Revisited. Expect country bars and the Rock Yard to be flooded with music to accompany motorcycle enthusiasts.
An influx of motorcycle riders means drivers of all kinds should be on high alert. In the midst of all this action, safety precautions are necessary.
Here are some safety tips for motorcycle riders to keep in mind while on the road:
· If your vehicle lacks a windshield then protective face gear is required for all drivers and passengers. Riders must wear goggles, glasses, or transparent face shields.
· Arizona Law states that all motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, and driven cycles must be equipped with a seat, footrests, and at least one rearview mirror.”
· Passengers must be able to sit on a seat and have his or her own separate footrest. Handlebars are also required for all passengers.
· Handlebars must remain below the driver’s shoulders. It is illegal to sit on the handlebars of a motorbike.
· No more than two motorcycles can ride side-by-side in a single lane.
· Arizona Law also states that motorcycles are not allowed to pass between rows of vehicles in their lanes, on shoulders, or between rows of cars side-by-side.
All riders, regardless of age or experience are required by the state of Arizona to follow these requirements. It is necessary to follow all rules of the road in order to prevent motorcycle accidents and injuries.
Harley Davidson is the main sponsor of Arizona Bike Week. Events will be held at WestWorld in Scottsdale unless stated otherwise on the website. For more information and a full list of events, visit azbikeweek.com